React Native Developer
Launched in 2015, Laundrapp has become the household name for on-demand laundry and dry-cleaning in London. We have grown significantly since our early days and now offer our services to towns and cities across the UK. In 2019 we acquired our competitor, Zipjet, and have combined forces to make us bigger and better than ever before. The company was acquired by Inc & Co in February 2020.
As a part of the engineering team at Laundrapp, your day to day role will involve working in Agile development sprints of two weeks; conducting daily stand ups, planning meetings and retrospectives. You’ll have exposure to a variety of green field projects where tasks will vary between backend and frontend. We follow best practices with version control, code reviews and automated testing. You’ll also be expected to share your experience with the wider engineering team with pair programming sessions, collaboration and estimation.
We’re committed to building a highly skilled engineering team and that all starts from having the right attitude, so if you aren’t yet an expert in all the fields below, don’t let this stop you from applying.
- You are excellent at React.
- Familiarity with state/data management libraries, such as redux.
- You want to participate in a skilled Agile team
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You’re a self starter and highly motivated
You’ll need to:
- Have outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have a passion for delivering the highest quality work
- Be able to manage your own time
- Have excellent people skills
- Willing to learn and experiment with new technologies
The following will support your application, but isn’t a deal-breaker:
- Experience with SPAs or React Native development
- Experience in an agency environment
- Experience with Agile sprint planning, planning poker and retrospectives
- Experience with automated testing